Our mission statement
“To empower individuals in need of short or long term support to achieve their full potential and become fully included members of their community”
Solutions 4 Community Support Ltd (S4CS) supports individuals from becoming socially isolated and ensures their needs are met in everyday life situations.
S4CS has solutions to empower individuals to sustain their independence in their homes and in their local environment. We provide tailor made one-to-one support to those with a physical, sensory or learning disability at a time and place that suits the individual.
S4CS specialist community team also supports those in need of new skills, to further develop existing skills and to enable them to access their community and services with dignity, respect, control and choice.
As part of the national and local policy on early intervention and prevention strategies, local authorities acknowledge people need community support, whether they have a single or dual sensory loss, learning and/or other disabilities, elderly people as well as those who are vulnerable. S4CS can enable individuals to become full members of society by enabling them to appropriately access the wider community of their choice and remain living in their own homes independently.
Our service is designed to be bespoke in working directly with the individuals requiring support. All people who need assistance have the right to support to enable them to live a more fulfilling life of their choice.
We provide highly trained staff and our service is constantly monitored to deliver high quality at all times. Individuals have the right to be delighted with our service and that it makes a difference to their life.
“We all are individuals and one type of service does not suit everyone”
Based on this ethos, our service is designed to work directly with the individuals requiring support.
All people who need assistance have the right to the support to enable them to live a more fulfilling life of their choice.
We provide highly trained staff and our service is constantly monitored to deliver high quality at all times.
Individuals have the right to be delighted with our service and that it makes a difference to their life.
Key Success Factors
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working with, and for, adult social care, CLG’s Supporting People, health and voluntary agencies
- Experience of working with professionals within a partnership context
Monitoring contracted agreements
- Recruitment and supervision of staff, locally and nationally
- 25 years experience of supervising and monitoring the provision of self assessment and support planning
- Investigating complaints and following safeguarding procedures
- To treat all our service users with dignity and respect at all times
- To provide a flexible specialist trained workforce
- To be honest, trustworthy and reliable
- To provide a confidential service to meet individual needs
- To be competitively priced, working with service users to shape the services required
- To provide clarity and focus on the individual’s objectives
- To facilitate effective communication between all stakeholders